Continued from page 1
Your stomach will have a chance to tell your mind that you are full and satisfied and that you require a smaller amount of food than before. It can take same amount of time to eat a small amount of food as it does to eat a large amount.
WEEK FOUR: Get rid of bad emotions and frustrations. if you have a problem or transaction that you are working on, clear your mind before you eat. Eating out of frustration is a very common bad habit.
WEEK FIVE: Think about food you eat, especially flavor.
WEEK SIX: Leave something on your plate (besides your fork). Weíre conditioned to clean everything from our plates and programmed to believe that cleaning our plates will help starving children elsewhere in world or that itís a sin to waste food.
OTHER ATTITUDES TO CONSIDER
1. Refer to diets as menus.
2. Refer to losing weight as eliminating weight permanently.
3. Use smaller plates and glasses.
4. Serve yourself smaller portions.
5. Use one room in house in which to eat, perhaps even one chair.
6. Keep a diary of food you eat.
In addition to these exercises, it is important that you utilize techniques learned in altered- states (hypnosis) to effect habit change and visualize exactly way you want to look.
Imagine yourself standing on your bathroom scale and looking down at weight you want to be.
Some sample weight control suggestions:
1. I weigh ___ pounds and am slim, healthy, and attractive.
2. I eat only those healthful, nutritious foods that allow me to maintain my weight at ___ pounds.
3. I eat my meals slowly and enjoy every bite. I taste and savor my food better than ever before.
4. The desire to eliminate fat from my body is stronger than ever before. I am, on a daily basis, eating less and enjoying food more, and desire to eliminate weight is stronger than desire to eat.
5. I see myself as being slim, trim, firm and solid. I think thin.
6. I am staying satisfied for longer periods of time. The desire to eliminate unnatural fat from my body is stronger than my desire to eat. I see fattening eating behavior and I have no desire to indulge in such behavior. I enjoy being slim, trim, thin and slender.
By utilizing these behavior modification suggestions you will completely re-educate your eating habits and will have formed a successful pattern for creating and maintaining a slim, trim, permanent new shape.
Don L. Price -- Business and Positive Change Strategist -- International Speaker and Author Ė He speaks on Optimizing Your Power to Succeed, with Strategic Performance Marketing and Closing Power, Winning Presentation Techniques and Life Enrichment Through Self Hypnosis. Don can be reach at: 1800Succeed (800-782-2333) www.donlprice.com