Continued from page 1
6. Do not have too many unnecessary graphics on your website. This is especially if their file sizes are too big. You don’t want to risk losing a potential but impatient visitor to your website.
7. Don’t “bold” large chunks of your text. Bold and italic should be used for highlighting and for drawing special attention.
8. Do not underline text that does not point to a link. It can be misleading to your visitor who may wonder why link is broken or not working.
9. Use standard blue underlined link look. Avoid changing link colour. Don’t introduce confusion to your online visitors!
10. It is useful to include links back to your home page on all your pages. Your first time visitor may have arrived at one of your sub-pages, other than your home page. Make it easy for them to link back to your all important sales page (home page).
11. Always check to ensure that you have no broken or outdated links. Get your friends to feedback to you when they should discover any one of these and make amendments immediately.
12. Don’t put “under construction” signs on a page. If it’s not finished, do not publicise it or make it accessible.
Evelyn Lim is the publisher of weekly newsletter "Mapping You to Success". She aims to equip her readers with skills to acquire multiple sources of online income. To subscribe to her newsletter, please visit http://www.e-BizMap.com . Or, read her blog "Online home business journals from Singapore" at http://www.EvelynLim.com for more information