Continued from page 1
6. Get organized with right home office furniture: A lot of home office furniture today is designed to store your computer and other electronic equipment. Measure computer hardware that you have to make sure it will fit into unit you are considering. Be careful to make sure your CPU tower and printer will fit in allocated spaces in unit.
7. Don't forget miscellaneous storage space: Make sure you have a place to store printer paper, envelopes, light bulbs, and other bulky supplies.
8. How much paper will you need to file: The idea of a paperless office is a good one but in reality it just doesn't happen. You will need to decide how much filing cabinet space you will need. How much room will you need to store CD's, books, software manuals, magazines etc. Will you need a bookcase as well as a filing cabinet or will a hutch on top of desk give you enough room.
9. Don't forget about flat workspaces: How much area will you need to work on for a desk space? Will one desk that holds computer too be enough or do you need some kind of drafting table for works in progress to be kept laid out. What about a table that can be folded up when you don't need it for a large project, having enough storage space will ensure that clutter doesn't eat up your flat spaces.
10. How to carve out space in a room that will need to do double duty: Look at each room in your house with a fresh eye. Make sure room you choose is best solution for your home office space needs. Measure room you choose and draw a layout plan that incorporates existing use plus gives you room for new office portion. You may want to reorganize existing layout for a more efficient use of space. Think about getting a self contained home office center. They are a wonderful compact way to hide your computer and other office equipment and they will blend in with your other room uses.
~~~ Resource Box ©BZ Riger-Hull. http://www.in-spiros.com For valuable free articles, assessments, & practical success tools mailto:A1@smartautoresponder.com Certified as a Success Coach, “Four Agreements” Facilitator, & Tele-Course leader We help you communicate powerfully, reduce stress, Strategically Attract success, & increase your financial well-being.