Continued from page 1
5. Consider options and obstacles. How many ways can you think of to achieve your goal? Evaluate results and consequences of each. What could stop you or cause a problem? And what about subconscious obstacles? Complete this sentence several times to find out more - "I want to achieve (name your goal) but………"
6. Make a detailed plan. Having chosen your preferred way forward, identify all actions you'll need to take. This breaks a seemingly big and daunting task down into manageable steps, enables you to plan what to do, prepare for problems, and reduces resistance to actually getting started.
7. Identify resources. What skills, knowledge, ability and contacts do you already have? What additional resources will you require? What changes do you need to make? Realistically review and assess this when making your plan, and ask for extra support as required.
8. Balance and fit. Check that all areas of your life are in balance - if not, will your various goals make this happen? Will your goals support your long term plans and fit your ambitions, are they worthy of you, do they reflect your values? So while you are building that great career or business, ensure that you are also looking after your health, relationships, fun time, wealth and personal development etc.
9. Take action! Make a start. Actually take first step you identified when you formed your plan of action.
10. Review and reward. Set some interim milestones as part of your initial strategy. This means you can check your progress regularly and see that you are moving in right direction. And as part of this process acknowledge your achievements along way and reward yourself for everything you accomplish. Celebrate!
======================================= Jackie Fletcher is a life satisfaction coach and author of "Coaching Quotations: Over 2000 witty, wise and wonderful quotations your clients will love" http://www.bookshaker.com/product_info.php?products_id=103 =======================================
Jackie Fletcher is a life satisfaction coach and author of "Coaching Quotations: Over 2000 witty, wise and wonderful quotations your clients will love" http://www.bookshaker.com/product_info.php?products_id=103 =======================================