10 Profitable Reasons To Add A Discussion Board Or Chat Room To Your Web Site!Written by Larry Dotson
Continued from page 1
6. When your discussion board or chat room becomes popular, you could sell advertising space on them. This will give you an extra income stream for your web site.
7. You can network with other businesses by having a chat room or discussion board. You could exchange business ideas, leads, advertising, etc.
8. You could allow other web sites who don't have a discussion board or chat room to use yours. You will get free advertising by allowing them to link to your online community.
9. When you have a discussion board or chat room you can get free advertising by listing them in online community directories. You can also join web rings with similar discussion topics.
10. You can make money by advertising your own products and services on your discussion board or chat room. You could also join other people's affiliate programs and make commissions advertising them.
Larry Dotson. 1239 FREE Internet Business E-Books! FREE Content For Your Web Site Or E-zine! FREE Business E-zine! Visit: http://www.ldpublishing.com
HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL WEB SITEWritten by Ben McClure
Continued from page 1
graphics? Still no problem! You can find thousands of total strangers everywhere who will make graphics for your site for free, simply because they have fun doing it. Go around and ask in chat rooms. I'll even make them for you =). 4. Web location. Though it's not a big issue for text-only and low-graphics sites, but if you want people to come to your site, your servers need to be tolerable. If you have most beautiful site in world, better than your competitor Bob's, and information would score an A++ on any review, but your servers are down 1/2 time, and crawling other 1/2, then Bob will get all business. You can find good servers easily, and even freely sometimes, if you look hard enough. If you have money, pay, it's almost _always_ better. You get no advertisements from them on your site, and usually faster, more reliable service, plus an easier to remember URL. Free services are getting better, however, but you'll have to deal with some form of advertising from them on your pages. 5. PROMOTION PROMOTION PROMOTION Most people make a site,then sit back and hope to see hits rack up. This simply does not happen these days, with hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of other sites covering same topics you do. The answer is simple yet complicated. Simply stated, GET NOTICED. The full explanation: Submit your site to search engines, advertise in every way possible everywhere possible, use word-of-mouth, advertise locally in school or at work or in bar, just let people know! Generally, unless your site is really great, you won't get too many friend's of visitors on it, so don't rely on others too much. This article assumes you know basics of making web pages, such as basic HTML and adding graphics. If not, or if you'd like to learn some advanced things, why not check out some tutorials from places like http://www.webmonkey.com or http://www.pcshowandtell.com? They'll help you a lot.
Ben McClure, http://www.falloutgames.com.