Continued from page 1
Maybe it is eating scrambled eggs, salad and pancakes. In that order!
Increasing your brain's fitness is simple. It also requires conscious effort. The latest research shows that in doing so, we can actually grow new dendrites, which are connective links that bring forward sharper memory and assist in converting facts into tools we can use.
Here is one simple activity to fire up associations in thinking.
1. Brainstorm random Nouns. That's right: think up People, Places, Things and Ideas. Write each Noun on a small piece of paper, fold it up and put collection into a bowl.
3. Select two Nouns from bowl.
4. See how many associations you can make from Nouns you have chosen.
Katherine and I followed up our Brain Exercising Buffet with this association game.
We chose "Charleyana (our Family Chevy Astrovan)" and "Eyes".
Here are our first two associations:
1. Both have a "window" through which we can see world. 2. Each takes its owner on incredible journeys. 3. Both may need occasional assistance from a professional to work well.
What connections can you identify?
How is this exercise useful beyond stretching your brain?
1. It increases your laser focus which in turn has an exponential effect on your creative powers.
2. Solutions are more easily created.
3. Product Development is more rapid as you see new avenues to pursue. The result of this is more income and assets.
4. It becomes natural to make choices more quickly and effectively which can have a positive impact upon your personal finances, your artistic endeavors, athletic abilities, even relationships may improve through looking from different perspectives birthed through surprising associations.
From now on, commit to keeping your brain muscle flexed. Play association game one day with at least two or three friends or family members. On another day, mix up your meal through both menu planning and where you eat your dinner. For example, if you normally eat in your kitchen, have a picnic on living room floor or out on porch.
Not only will you thoroughly enjoy it, your brain will benefit as well.
Julie Jordan Scott is a Personal Success Coach who left her career as a government bureaucrat and built a successful business in less than six months. To subscribe to her newest ezine, Daily Passion Activator, the Little Ezine with the Powerful impact send a blank email DailyPassionActivatoremail@example.com or via web: http://www.5passions.com to subscribe today.