You could spend thousands of dollars on advertisement and have extremely low or no results in sales because of your poor-planned copy. You shouldnít be amazed by fact that huge corporations all over world do that mistake and waste millions of dollars on false advertisement campaigns.
However, how can you write a good sales copy and killer ads that get attention of people? There are no magic recipes for that, but you can follow some fundamental rules, which can lead to you to success if you adopt them properly.
1) Have a good product. Be honest and mean what you say or what you offer. Avoid exaggerations and hyped claims. You stake your reputation and your business offline or online it doesnít make any difference.
2) Have a plan on your trial and error period. Donít expect to write your first copy and be a golden one. You will alter it many times, test it, retest it, try a new one and so on. Set a schedule for that. Do not fool around.
3) AIDA. Itís proven and bedrock of copy process. Always follow it. AIDA A= Attention. You must grab it instantly or you donít have a chance. I = Interest. You grab and keep their interest. If they get bored, they will leave. D= Desire. Interest must be transformed into desire for what you offer. A= Action. You must convince them to act now. Not tomorrow, next week e.t.c. They will forget it a few hours later.
4) Always work on your prospect's emotion. Most people buy something emotionally and then justify it rationally.
5) Headline is Key. If it doesnít grab their attention then theyĎve gone away. Your headline must be a killer one.
6) Promote your best and strong benefit at first, not last. Thatís how you are going to create interest and then desire.
7) Tell stories. Thatís an excellent way to rekindle their emotion or even their passion. Stories always inspire.