If your sales are a little on slow side, you need to polish your promotional skills and fire up marketing machine. This is first of a two part article with a total of 30 tried, tested and proven techniques to kick your sales into high gear! Here are first 15 techniques.
1. Use a PS and PSS after your signature. In PS, summarize key benefit. In PSS restate bonus or reason for ordering right now. Only your subject line is more important than your PS!
2. Vary your subject and medium. If you send out a monthly email promotion, vary subject line. One month, your subject line could read 'Hi! It's Jake.' The next month it could read $1.99 special for first hundred responses. With your 'Hi! It's Jake' subject line you could send an article with tips that will help your customers with common problems. Your '$1.99 special' could be a direct ad. By altering format that you send, (article one time, ad next) you will get more prospects past subject line and into your email.
3. Mail your customers on a more frequent basis. If you send your customers a promotion once a month, double it. Send them a promotion every two weeks.
4. Use add-on sales. The best place to get an add-on sale is just before your prospect places their order. Include two buttons or links at bottom of your order form, one for ordering just product and one for ordering your product with an add-on. Here's a quick example. You are selling an ebook you have written called Marketing. Your add-on is a Lifetime upgrade.
a. At bottom of order form you include a text link that says 'Click here to order Marketing for only $19.95.'
b. Directly underneath, you place a second text link that says 'Click here to order Marketing, including your Lifetime Upgrades for only $29.95.
c. Place a short paragraph after button, explaining all benefits of ordering Lifetime upgrades as well. After paragraph, place Lifetime Upgrades order link again.
5. Upsell to a better product. If you are offering free autoresponders, upsell your customers to a better version of your product. Quick example. You offer a free, quality autoresponder which sends a single message. If your customer upgrades to a 'Gold' autoresponder for only $2.95 per month, they get an autoresponder which can send up to ten, time delayed messages.
6. Use current events to propel your sales. If inflation figures have just risen again, offer an 'Inflation Buster' promo.
7. Offer additional products. After you have sold your main product (with an add-on) keep in contact with customer and offer additional products. You can sell more add-ons or upgrades that compliment original purchase, or completely new products.