Affirmations are emotionally driven statements of intention and faith that guide thought and action. Affirmation comes from Latin firmus, meaning strong. Affirmations recognize and assert existence of personal truths. These statements can be powerfully effective for developing and strengthening thought patterns, and thus actions, needed to achieve goals. These thought patterns also attract situations we affirm to be true.
Use Affirmations Effectively
Affirmations are effective when combined with strong emotions and vivid sensory imagery: sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. Effective affirmations state, in present tense, what we want. At same time, we are feeling joy, satisfaction, and gratitude we would feel if each statement had already manifested.
Recall Vivid Imagery and Strong Emotion
An effective way to create mind imagery and emotion is to recall a situation in your life when you actually felt emotion you want to create. Recall situations that made you feel joyful, loving, forgiving, excited, happy, accepting, successful, and grateful.
This is same way emotions surface when we dwell on memories that bring tears, upset, or nostalgic feelings. When using affirmations, you get to select purposely emotions you want. Let these emotions surface and permeate your mind and body.
Practice Positive Affirmations
Belief, imagery, and emotion are essential elements in effective affirmations. With practice, you will be able to create vivid images and emotions very quickly. It might also be helpful to begin by affirming action you are now taking, as in exercise below.
Here are seventeen sample affirmations for strengthening goal achievement, creativity, confidence and abundance. Practice affirmations while combining them with compelling imagery and strong emotion.
1. I reflect on successful experiences, and I let memories and moments linger.
2. I enjoy expressing myself freely, confidently, and creatively.
3. I am grateful for success and satisfaction that my purpose is bringing to me.
4. I provide value to those I serve, and I am becoming more abundant each day.
5. I welcome challenges and changes in my life, and I feel grateful that each change brings new blessings.
6. I see my goal clearly, and allow myself to receive it with gratitude.