1. Promote your ezine on top third of your site, and on every page of your site with a subscription box that advertises your ezine.
2. Tell your visitors benefits of subscribing to your ezine -- what's in it for them for subscribing to your ezine.
3. Provide a bonus for subscribing to your ezine. Your bonus could be a f-ree ad, ebook, email course, software, or access to your members only site.
4. Make sample issues of your ezine available to your visitors by autoresponder.
Your sample issues will increase your subscriptions by giving your visitors a firsthand look at valuable content to be found in your ezine, topics you cover, your point of view, and your personality.
5. Provide an archive of all your past issues.
You could provide your visitors with a web based archive of all your past issues. This will not only help you to get more subscribers, but will also fill your site with keyword rich webpages which can help your site to rank higher in search engines.
In addition, you can create your archive by making all of your past issues available by autoresponder if you don't have time to keep up a web based archive.