10 Simple ways to Clear Clutter from your Home and Office By BZ Riger-Hull, Certified Success Coach http://www.in-spiros.com
There is nothing worse then spending ten minutes looking for something to accomplish a three minute task. Clear clutter and clear your mind.
1. Hold intention that only three things aloud on your writing desk is a lamp, a small vase for flowers, and a photograph or two. That's it! When you get up from your desk put everything else away except those three things.
2. Sort your mail as soon as it comes in, then recycle, throw out, file, or respond. No piles and no promise to go through it later.
3. Spend ten minutes a day walking through your house with a large shopping bag. Grab at least three things from each room in house that you can throw away.
4. Have a special reading box or basket- Sort through magazines or articles you want to read and tear out articles you are interested in and recycle rest of magazine.
5. Make sure you sort your email so you never have more than 3-5 things in your in box at any one time.
6. Set up project files in Word to keep track of important things you are working on. Designate a separate file for each project or focus. You won't have to hunt for your information when you need it.