Are you wasting your money by brining visitors to a sales offer that just doesn’t convert? Here’s how to pull more sales and put more money in your pocket by using these simple secrets for hard-hitting copy.
1) SELL THE BENEFITS: Forget about trying to explain your product. Instead, give customer what they want to hear. When selling a computer monitor, you could say, “Big 19 inch screen”.
But that’s explaining your product. Try something that gives reader its strongest benefit, like “19 inch screen reduces eye strain and provides a comfortable working environment for you”.
2) DEFINE YOUR LETTERS PURPOSE: Are you writing to entertain or sale. Are you looking to pull a response or do you want people to enter their credit card information. Define your specific goal before you get started, and work hard to lead your customers along your chosen path.
3) WRITE IN “EASY” WORDS: Hey, we’re not looking to win awards here. We want to make some money, right? Don’t try to wow readers with your use of vocabulary. Use words that even a child can grasp.
4) KNOW EVERY BENEFIT: Before you even start, right down every single benefit that a customer will receive with your offer. Later, you can use these benefits for some hard-hitting bullets.
5) MAKE IT SHORT: While your letter doesn’t need to be short, every sentence and paragraph should be tightly focused and broken up into small, easy to chew on pieces.