1. Show your potential subscribers a sample issue of your e-zine. Black out some of important info; this will make them more curious & subscribe.
2. Give away a free follow-up autoresponder course. Publish your e-zine ad in each lesson. The more people see it, higher chance they'll subscribe.
3. Offer your potential customers a discount on a particular product you sell if they subscribe to your free e-zine.
4. Give other businesses permission to give a free subscription to your e-zine as a bonus for a product they sell.
5. Ask your potential subscribers questions that'll persuade them to subscribe like: "Would you like to be able to retire before you're 40?"
6. Write your e-zine's ad to sound like it is common sense to subscribe. For example: "Everyone knows you have to..."