1. Avoid creating menu on left-hand side of a website . If unavoidable, an alternative way is to put some text with rich keywords at top or above left-hand menu so that this text will be first thing to read by search engines.
2. Headlines are rated more important than rest of web page by search engines . To take advantage of this, you should have your keywords in page headline. Since header tag (h1) is quite large, you should format it to make it smaller.
3. Every page should contain “title” and “description” tags with good keywords to describe page content. The number of words for title should not exceed 9 and that for description should not be more than 20 words in order to keep within limits of most search engines.
4. Try not to use Flash when possible . Flash cannot be read by search engines to date and will cause slow page loading time and makes people run away
5. Think twice on how to use graphics . Make them relevant to your content and use an Alt tag containing relevant keyword(s).
6. Do not only use images to link out . You should always use text links to link out to important content on your web site. Spiders can follow image links, but like text links more though.