1. Test different web site color themes to see which combination will sell your product better. You can also test size and style of your web site text.
2. Promise your readers an end result or outcome in your ad. You must give them a solid guarantee that your product will solve their problem.
3. Never assume people believe information in your ad copy. You need to back-up all your claims with indisputable evidence.
4. Give your customers free shipping. If you can't afford that, you can give free shipping to customers that buy over a certain dollar amount to raise profits.
5. Test your web site regularly for ordering glitches, bad links, broken graphics, etc. Those types of errors will make your business look unprofessional.
6. Use free advertising as much as possible. Test a wide variety of free advertising options like banner and link exchanges, classifieds, newsgroups, etc.